- There are approximately 2.2 million apps in the App Store.
- Educational apps make up the third largest category of apps.
- That’s A LOT of apps! Because there are so many great educational apps out there, finding them can be like finding a needle in a hay stack.
That’s where ABC Apps comes in. Their team of educational experts finds, tests, and reviews apps (some are free, some have a cost) – and then categorizes the best of the best, and puts the best into their ABC Apps library. ABC Apps then categorizes the apps by age group and subject matter, making it easy to find the perfect apps for your children.
You can download or purchase on the spot, or use the “Save” icon to “tag” apps of interest and put them into personalized folders for your children. Then, at any time, you can easily view, add to, and edit your lists, until you feel confident in your selections (sometimes I like to mull over a purchase before I commit to buying).
The site focuses on “fun” educational apps – those with game-like experiences. You can also find other apps as well, including those that have a unique design – and those that have exceptional educational value.
BTW, here are the different categories of apps
And here is an example of what you see when you go to Flashcards and look at specifically at the Quizlet review.
You do need to become a member of ABC Apps to have access to all this great info. The first 30 days are free, then the membership cost is $4.99 per month.
You can sign up to get full access to the site here.
ABC Apps Product Review – What do I like about this site?
- With ABC Apps, it’s easy to stay up to date on the newest and best educational apps. I don’t want to miss out – and I don’t want my kids to miss out on anything.
- The review process ensures that only the very best educational apps make it into the ABC App Library, giving parents confidence and peace of mind that that the apps will actually make a difference. This saves time & money. How many times have you downloaded apps that look great, but you later discovered they had bugs, annoying ads, or they just weren’t good enough?
- I really like the alerts when apps from the library become free or go on sale.
- And I like the Wishlist (so I can wait for the freebies).
ABC Apps Product Review – In closing
- ABC Apps Product Review