New GREAT deals at Scrible.com!
Do your kids do a lot of research as part of their homeschooling? If they do, I have a super recommendation for you – Scrible.com. Scrible (for grades 6-adult) offers tools to save info, manage, annotate, share the web, and MORE. Specifically, Scrible.com lets you:
In addition, Scrible can be used for more than just research papers (as an example, Scrible can be used as a real-time collaboration tool for concurrent reading and text analysis). Really, the options are endless.
Scrible.com is a very important tool, for the following reasons:
- Writing a research paper requires many tasks and a variety of skills. A student must curate, annotate, cite, organize, write and collaborate. These tasks are hard to track and quantify – but easy with Scrible.
- 60% of secondary students are poor researchers. 50% of high school students aren’t ready for college writing. Scrible helps kids with research and with writing.
- Scrible automates mundane tasks – freeing up time for critical thinking. WOW!
- Quite literally (this is not an over-statement), Scrible brings research and the process of writing papers into the modern age.
And Scrible is a Google for Education Partner.
Check out the Scrible overview below.
Scrible.com Product Review – With Scribles, students can write better papers faster due to the following:
Scrible.com Product Review – What do I like this product/service?
- Scrible offers SO MUCH!
- It’s a time-saver. Gotta love that! 🙂
- Scrible helps kids become college and career ready.
- Scrible streamlines research processes. I’m a fan of streamlining, aren’t you?
- It provides personalized learning.
- And project-based learning.
- It’s interactive – I appreciate how others can share and respond in real time. When I find a great resource, I always want to share it, don’t you?
- There’s an outline editor. I can write a super research paper – but I admit, I never, ever utilized outlines in the process. So, teaching outlining to my kids, was a bit difficult. Not now!
- Students can have multiple libraries for different papers/projects they might be working on.
- It’s easy to search the libraries for specific info. The Scrible tagging feature is especially nice.
- This means students NEVER lose info – or search through piles of paper looking for a quote, that they know they have….somewhere….
- Not only can students add online resources to their library, they can also add books and offline resources as well.
- There’s a citation capture function that’s amazing. Now, it’s easy-peasy to footnote, and to make a bibliography. Think about that for a minute. Did you ever think footnoting was easy? I mean, come on….Ibid?
- The program constantly auto-saves to the cloud, so students never lose their work. That’s wonderful!
- The Scrible Writer, a Google Docs Add-on helps transfer research into the paper the student is writing in Google Docs. Scrible Writer also lets students view/insert outlines and easily view/edit bibliographies.
- Students really like it.
- Scrible is constantly updating their program and adding new, time-saving features. This includes researching tools, as well as overall interfaces – to improve Scrible’s look and feel, layout, navigation and functionality.
- Scrible supports co-teaching, which can be of benefit to a co-op.
- It’s easy to install.
- There’s a lot of help along the way, if you need it – including a Getting Started Tour, Edu Guides, blog posts, youtube videos and more.
- It’s free but you can upgrade if you’d like to, a paid service.
I’m not sure a product review can do this product justice. It’s that good! I urge you to try the free version, and if you love it as much as I do, upgrade. 🙂
Did you like this Scrible.com product review? We really enjoyed writing it for you. You can check out our other reviews at https://www.howtohomeschool.net/curriculum-reviews
- Our Scrible.com Product Review