Grammar Doesn’t Have to be Difficult!
The award-winning Easy Grammar Systems™ is a leading publisher for grammar and writing curriculum for grades 1 – 12+. Author Dr. Wanda Phillips has made grammar easy and enjoyable while ensuring that students achieve mastery. Concepts are presented with the most basic skill first, and skills build for ease in understanding. Parents and teachers love the ideas and strategies that promote mastery. It truly is “Easy to Teach . . . Easy to Learn . . . Easy to Remember!”
“This is what we used for my homeschoolers from the very beginning, and one of my kids got a perfect score on the English portion of her ACT.” P.C.
Why did Dr. Phillips develop Easy Grammar® series, Daily GRAMS®, Easy Writing®, and her high school Easy Grammar Ultimate Series®? Phillips laughs, “I never intended to write more than one book, the original Easy Grammar®. However, as the need arose, I created texts to help students.”
The seed for Easy Grammar® resulted from her teaching high school English. Phillips explains, “When my students were ill-prepared in usage, I blamed the middle-school and elementary teachers. I thought it was their fault. My second job as a seventh-grade teacher showed me how wrong I was! The educators were teaching the books, but the texts were not set up for mastery learning!”
After Phillips was shown a prepositional approach, she added her own strategies and ideas. Her students were so successful that she honed her expertise and ideas to develop her first Easy Grammar® text. Other books ensued.
Daily GRAMS® evolved from teaching math. Math? Initially, Wanda was handed a Xeroxed packet of 5 problems. Soon, she realized that the mini-lessons enhanced mastery. Phillips shares, “I asked myself why no one had introduced this for language.” She, therefore, developed the Daily GRAMS®.
Phillips created a format with capitalization (#1), punctuation (#2), grammar and other concepts (#3 & #4), and sentence combining (#5) for improved quality of writing, developing them for each school day (180 lessons). The acronym GRAMS® in the title reflects their purpose: Guided Review Aiding Mastery Skills. Having already achieved high scores and understanding in using Easy Grammar®, she found the Daily GRAMS® increased students’ mastery.
Wanda developed her Easy Writing® text for students who didn’t incorporate higher-level sentence structures and/or sentence variety in their writing. Teaching patterns, Dr. Phillips helped her students to write them easily. She shares that Easy Writing®, though not needed by all students, is an amazing tool for those who do need assistance in this area.”
As a high school English teacher, Phillips realized that students require strong grammar basics by seventh grade. She also learned—along the way—that some skills, without use, are lost. Wanda wrote Easy Grammar Ultimate Series®, 180 Daily Teaching Lessons as an expansion and review at Grades 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 to ensure correct usage and mechanics. Students love the 10-minute lessons that, established cyclically, lead to enhanced mastery learning.
- 5 – 10-minute, 180 daily lessons
- Concepts are introduced, expanded, & applied on an on-going basis
- Strategies/Ideas for memorable learning
- Teacher-led oral instruction that reinforces correct usage
- Kindergarten sight words mainly used
- Designed for mastery learning
- An ideal introduction to the understanding of language usage and skills
- 180 short, enjoyable lessons–one per school day
- Concepts introduced and reviewed throughout
- Capitalization taught or reviewed every day
- Punctuation taught or reviewed daily
- Also includes usage, dictionary skills, sentence combining, etc
Easy Grammar®: Grades 3, 4, 5, 6, & Plus
- Prepositional approach
- Easy to understand, yet thorough
- Constantly teaches & builds to promote mastery
- Grammar concepts & usage , punctuation, capitalization, sentence structures, etc.
- Mastery enhanced by building-block learning
- Unit & cumulative reviews and tests
“The prepositional phrase approach is ingenious and inspired! It eliminates all problems of finding the subject and verb (also, subject-verb agreement). It’s easy to understand, and my kids have never learned so well.” M.B.
Daily GRAMS®: Grades 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7
- 180, 10-minute daily reviews
- Daily capitalization review
- Daily punctuation review
- Daily review of grammar & other concepts
- Sentence combing for improved quality of writing
- Concepts presented cyclically to enhance mastery learning
“My daughter despised grammar . . . and her standard test scores showed it. After finding Daily GRAMS®, her test scores increased more than 20 points in one year.” E.C.
Easy Grammar Ultimate Series®: Grades 8, 9, 10, 11, & 12+
- 180 daily, 10-minute teaching lessons
- Provides high-school students with continued learning and application
- Concepts taught cyclically to enhance mastery learning
- Sentence combing for improved writing
- Easy, yet thorough
“My son scored 35 out of 36 on his ACT English score. He’s very good in math . . . but this was high highest scoring subject on his test!” J.L.
This book teaches students how to write higher level and varied sentence structures.
- Compound sentences
- Sentences using present and past participles (in phrases)
- Appositive construction
- Sentences using semicolons for more intricate formats
- Sentences containing relative clauses
- Sentences using subordinate clauses
“This text is excellent for upper elementary students (Level 1) and for middle/high school students (Level 2). Both levels are included in the reproducible text.” Dr. Wanda Phillips
New Videos are Here!
See Dr. Phillips in Quick, Fun, and Informative Easy Grammar®, Daily GRAMS®, & Easy Grammar Ultimate Series® videos!
- Introduction (Overview of all texts)
- Easy Grammar®: Grade 1
- Easy Grammar®: Grade 2
- Easy Grammar®: Grades 3 – 6 & Plus (teaching texts)
- Daily GRAMS®: Grades 3 – 7 (review texts)
- Easy Grammar Ultimate Series®: Grades 8 – 12+ (teaching texts)
- Direct Objects: Dr. Phillips shares memorable and kinesthetic learning
Easy Grammar Systems ● 800-641-6015 ● www.easygrammar.com